Opening for its first trimester of study in March 2018, Te Auaha will be the new home to 1000 like-minded students converging on the heart of Wellington’s arts and cultural community.
The new campus has been built with creativity and collaboration at the heart of its design with multi-functional spaces across the seven genre of study.
Te Auaha also includes specialist learning spaces designed to house:
- dance studios, rehearsal and performance spaces for theatre and stage
- digital recording studios for musicians and artists
- control-mixing rooms and an in-house radio station
- stylists’ studios and salons for hair, beauty and make-up artistry
- workshops for woodwork and fabrication for creative technologies, jewellery making and sculpture
- film photography studio and dark rooms
- a 250 seat theatre
- a 60-seat cinema