What you will learn
- Day makeup, fashion makeup, runway makeup and accompanying hair-styling techniques
- Editorial/photographic makeup and styling
- Character/period makeup and styling
- Special effects makeup and body painting
- Character and aging makeup and hair applications
- Male makeup
- Wig and prosthetic application, facial hair trimming and application
- Portfolio development
- Business skills, practice professionalism and customer service
Work as a makeup artist or counter salesperson at cosmetic companies and department stores. Enter the creative industries and work in film and TV, stage production or on photo shoots.
- Makeup artist
- Makeup counter salesperson
- Fashion makeup artist
- Film makeup artist
- Stage makeup artist
Equipment and Course Related Costs
- WelTec specialist makeup and hair kit (SFX and fashion products and tools) $880.00
- Digital camera
- Craft and stationary equipment
- Suitable clothing complying with programme dress code
- Students will have to organise/provide suitable models, as instructed by tutor, for all practical work.
- Study material/ text book. Price approx. $150.00 TBC
NCEA level 2, or above
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the entry criteria as provided on the Under 20 information.
All students will be required to have a makeup kit and digital camera for photographic work.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.
Check out the Te Auaha Makeup Instagram >