What you will learn
- Prepare the face for long-lasting makeup application
- Carry out day, evening and special occasion makeup looks
- Client consultation, to establish needs and determine makeup or skin care service
- Identify symptoms of skin conditions to advise clients of future implications and possible treatments
- Gain product knowledge of cosmetics and skincare
- Customer service and communication skills
- Retail and promotion skills for makeup and beauty sales
- Personal presentation for the beauty industry
- Industry health, safety and hygiene principles
- Beauty consultant
- Makeup artist
- Makeup counter salesperson
Course Related Costs
This programme has additional course related costs of approximately $100.00 (2019 - includes specialist brush set, t shirts)
Apply for your course related costs with Studylink.
NCEA level 1, or above
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the entry criteria as provided on the Under 20 information.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or equivalent.
Check out the Te Auaha Makeup Instagram >
Further study options
Hear from our graduates