What you will learn
- Learn the techniques of complex hairdressing and styling
- Gain in-depth knowledge of hair and scalp treatments
- Learn to style hair by cutting and waving
- Practise creative colouring and foiling techniques
- Understand bleaching techniques
- Consult with clients in our salon
- Learn professional salon practice and incentives
- Develop photographic styling knowledge
- Opportunity to work on the World of WearableArt™ Awards show, regional competitions, fashion shows and theatrical productions
- Build relationships in industry through work experience
Continue on as a third-year apprentice working in industry. Work in a hairdressing team or towards becoming a salon owner. Be a stylist in the entertainment industry.
- Salon owner
- Fashion hair stylist
- Film and theatre hair stylist
- Sales rep
Course Related Costs
This programme has additional course related costs of approximately $440.00 (2019 - includes mannequins, scissors, razor etc). These items will top up your current kit obtained when studying on the Hairdressing Salon Support programme.
Apply for your course related costs with Studylink.
New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) (Level 3) or Year 1 hairdressing apprenticeship, or equivalent.
IELTS 5.5 (no band lower than 5.0) or equivalent.